• Early and continued involvement between owner stakeholders and the design team
• Setting performance goals at the beginning of the design
• Systems and design analysis during schematic design and design development
• Post-occupancy monitoring of systems performance to ensure goals are met
• Construction Costs - Over the past fifteen years, completed construction
costs of our new facilities have averaged 5% below budget.
• Design Costs -Innovative Design is able to meet high performance building
certification standards without additional design or construction cost to the
• Utility Costs - Our facilities have typically consumed one-third to one-half
the energy and water as compared to standard projects of comparable
• Daylighting enhances occupant comfort, boosts worker performance, and
reduces utility costs.
• Energy performance is considered as part of every design decision, resulting
in a high-performance building that saves utility costs and facilitates
• Water conservation is part of site and building design, reducing utility costs
and preventing problems due to periods of drought and water restrictions.
• Air Quality standards a priority for building materials and mechanical
systems to ensure occupant health and productivity.
Innovative Design is dedicated to providing the best possible learning, working, and
living places for our clients. Our design process prioritizes integrated design, cost and
schedule management, and proven green building design systems. We believe these
strategies are the key to building owner and occupant satisfaction, and that Innovative
Design is best able to provide these services.
INTEGRATED DESIGN: Innovative Design's focus on integrated design throughout the design
process ensures that Owner program and requirements are considered by all team
members and in the most successful and effective means possible. This process involves:
COST AND SCHEDULE MANAGEMENT: Innovative Design is dedicated to keeping our
projects within budget and on time. We respect the needs of our clients to meet
construction, design, and utility cost expectations.
GREEN BUILDNG DESIGN: Our green building services not only represent our
environmental stewardship, but also provide our clients with healthy, enjoyable, and
850 West Morgan Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27603 I Tel. 919.832.6303 Fax. 919.832.3339